Brown rice can be a difficult dish to make. Sometimes it turns out too soft and sometimes too hard. Because of this, many people turn to instant rice which is really not the same. It just doesn’t taste as good and the texture is just not right. Here is a recipe that I found some time ago that will allow you to make the perfect brown rice every time with a minimal amount of work.
You will need the following:
- Brown Rice – 1.5 cups
- Hot Water – 3 cups
- 8-10 inch Glass Pan (or similar)
- 1 TBSP Margarine
- 1 TSP Kosher Salt (optional)
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In your glass pan, combine your rice, hot water, margarine and salt. Mix until the margarine melts. Cover and bake at 400 degrees for one hour. After one hour, remove from the heat, fluff with a fork and serve. Perfect rice, each and every time.
- Choose a quality brown rice. Many cheaper store brands do not turn out as good. I personally prefer Mahatma.
- Kosher salt is preferred over table salt. It just tastes better. Try it, you will never turn back.
- Try adding cooked peas to the rice at the end of the cooking process for something different.